Product nameCNQX disodium salt, AMPA / kainate antagonist
DescriptionAMPA / kainate antagonist; water soluble
Chemical name1,2,3,4-Tetrahydro-7-nitro-2,3-dioxoquinoxaline-6-carbonitrile disodium
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120044 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab96379 staining MEK1 (phospho S298) in SK-N-SH cells treated with CNQX disodium salt (ab120044), by ICC/IF. Decrease in MEK1 (phospho S298) expression correlates with increased concentration of CNQX disodium salt, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120044 (CNQX disodium salt) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab96379 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120044 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Koba S et al. Sympathoexcitation by hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus neurons projecting to the rostral ventrolateral medulla. J Physiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30019338
- Ge Y et al. Clptm1 Limits Forward Trafficking of GABAA Receptors to Scale Inhibitory Synaptic Strength. Neuron 97:596-610.e8 (2018). PubMed: 29395912
- Zhang P et al. Heparan Sulfate Organizes Neuronal Synapses through Neurexin Partnerships. Cell 174:1450-1464.e23 (2018). PubMed: 30100184
- Fang C et al. Prions activate a p38 MAPK synaptotoxic signaling pathway. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007283 (2018). PubMed: 30235355
- Chen TJ et al. In?Vivo Regulation of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cell Proliferation and Differentiation by the AMPA-Receptor Subunit GluA2. Cell Rep 25:852-861.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30355492