Product nameDAPT, gamma-Secretase inhibitor
Chemical nameN-[N-(3,5-Difluorophenacetyl-L-alanyl)]-(S)-phenylglycine t-butyl ester
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120633 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab81283 staining AKT1 (phospho S473) in MCF7 cells treated with DAPT (ab120633), by ICC/IF. Decrease in expression of AKT1 (phospho S473) correlates with increased concentration of DAPT, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120633 (DAPT) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab81283 (1/200 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
Kc167 cells were treated with varying concentrations of DAPT (ab120633) in DMSO for 16hr at 25°C; DMSO only was used as the negative control. The cells were further incubated for 30 minutes with 4mM EGTA in PBS (in the presence of DAPT), and were then lysed for analysis. To measure Notch activity, Notch targets E(spl)mβ-HLH and E(spl)m3-HLH mRNA levels were assayed. Data shows the fold change of mRNA levels of E(spl)mβ-HLH and E(spl)m3-HLH under different conditions, normalised to DMSO treatment (negative control). Notch activation by EGTA is abrogated by treatment with DAPT.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120633 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wei H et al. Up-regulation of miR-139-5p protects diabetic mice from liver tissue damage and oxidative stress through inhibiting Notch signaling pathway. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 52:390-400 (2020). PubMed: 32293663
- Lang C et al. Single-Cell Sequencing of iPSC-Dopamine Neurons Reconstructs Disease Progression and Identifies HDAC4 as a Regulator of Parkinson Cell Phenotypes. Cell Stem Cell 24:93-106.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30503143
- Fleming T et al. Growth Hormone Neuroprotection Against Kainate Excitotoxicity in the Retina is Mediated by Notch/PTEN/Akt Signaling. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:4532-4547 (2019). PubMed: 31675424
- Zakhari JS et al. Vasculogenic and angiogenic potential of adipose stromal vascular fraction cell populations in vitro. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 54:32-40 (2018). Functional Studies . PubMed: 29197029
- Yamada M et al. Furin inhibitor protects against neuronal cell death induced by activated NMDA receptors. Sci Rep 8:5212 (2018). PubMed: 29581474
- McKinley KL et al. Cellular aspect ratio and cell division mechanics underlie the patterning of cell progeny in diverse mammalian epithelia. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29897330
- Wang P et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor reduces scar by inhibiting the differentiation of epidermal stem cells to myofibroblasts via the Notch1/Jagged1 pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:114 (2017). PubMed: 28511663
- Gahan JM et al. Functional studies on the role of Notch signaling in Hydractinia development. Dev Biol 428:224-231 (2017). PubMed: 28601529
- Vladar EK et al. Airway epithelial homeostasis and planar cell polarity signaling depend on multiciliated cell differentiation. JCI Insight 1:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27570836
- Capaccione KM & Pine SR The Notch signaling pathway as a mediator of tumor survival. Carcinogenesis 34:1420-30 (2013). PubMed: 23585460