Product nameY-27632 dihydrochloride, Rho kinase inhibitor
DescriptionSelective Rho kinase inhibitor
Chemical name(R)-(+)-trans-4-(1-Aminoethyl)-N-(4-pyridyl)cyclohexanecarboxamide dihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
A: Serum-starved human TM cells were incubated on chamber glass slides coated with recombinant human Gal8 in the presence of the ROCK inhibitor ab120129, at different concentrations. After 2 hr, cells were stained with rhodamine-labeled phalloidin, and cells with robust stress fibers were enumerated. Data are expressed as mean±SEM.
B: Cells were treated with an 120129 (Y27632) at 20 µM, stained with rhodamine-labeled phalloidin, and random fields were photographed. Note that cells treated with ab120129 are not spread and exhibit dendrite-like structures.
Credit: Shiri D et al. PLoS One. 2012; 7(7): e41958. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0044400
ab46154 staining VEGF in HeLa cells treated with Y-27632 dihydrochloride (ab120129), by ICC/IF. Decrease in VEGF expression correlates with increased concentration of Y-27632 dihydrochloride, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 1h in media containing different concentrations of ab120129 (Y-27632 dihydrochloride) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab46154 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120129 has been referenced in 52 publications.
- Wang C et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Activation in Alport Syndrome Varies Between Genotype and Cell Type. Front Genet 11:36 (2020). PubMed: 32117450
- Thejer BM et al. PGRMC1 phosphorylation affects cell shape, motility, glycolysis, mitochondrial form and function, and tumor growth. BMC Mol Cell Biol 21:24 (2020). PubMed: 32245408
- Ward MC & Gilad Y A generally conserved response to hypoxia in iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes from humans and chimpanzees. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30958265
- Murphy C et al. A Protocol for One-Step Differentiation of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells into Mature Podocytes. Methods Mol Biol 1994:93-99 (2019). PubMed: 31124107
- Martyn I et al. Chick Models and Human-Chick Organizer Grafts. Methods Mol Biol 2005:77-89 (2019). PubMed: 31175647